144 MHz SSB nets *ON* tonight + 432 sprint tonight 7-11pm

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2009
      If you want to hear loud signals on 144 tonight, look NW
      toward Central WI at 8:15pm on 144.240 and again at 9:30pm on 144.250. WB9LYH Mark will be hosting both nets and he enjoys hearing from new stations. For those of you in W MI, Mark
      will tend to look your way about 8:45-9pm on 144.240. On 144.250,
      he may be loud right at the 9:30pm start. Be flexible with
      the times. He should announce about where he's looking.

      I will be concentrating mostly on the 432 sprint from 7-11pm.
      Hope to work some of you. 90-100% of the sprint operation occurs
      close to the 432.100 call freq., using USB mode and horizontal polarized antennas. Be aware that 3 separate rovers will be on
      from the NW Chicago grid intersection of EN62/61/52/51, so that
      gives you something to shoot for. Those rovers are K9JK, WB8BZK,
      and K9GY. They want your Q's, so look their way at times.

      For those of you who might enjoy observing via the internet
      what all goes on with these nets and sprints, considering using a
      free, no-strings-attached chat at www.on4kst.com. Hundreds of USA
      and VE hams use this chat for 6m DX'ing, but it's never been put to
      use for 144, 222 and 432MHz activity in the USA. We're changing
      that, and I'll be on the chat tonight. Anyone with a valid call
      is welcome to drop by.

      I have a website post with 7 simple steps for getting signed up
      to this VHF/UHF chat. It's at http://kc9bqa.com/?p=1072

      On a different topic, here's an early heads-up that the 146.43 FM net we host every Thursday evening will now start at 9:00pm, every Thursday. We're moving it up a half hour for the winter months.
      I will send out another reminder about the time change tomorrow.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63 40 N of Milwaukee
      http://www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates