146.43 FM net *ON* tonight 9:30pm Read below -- feedback requested

  • kc9bqa
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      It should be a wet night, but doesn¡¯t look like lightning is going to be a problem. So let¡¯s have the net tonight. Hope we have lots of check-ins.

      I¡¯d like you net participants to take a minute to read further. We¡¯ll want your feedback.

      KC9KPV Randy is 15 minutes NW of Milwaukee. He has a rotatable vertical beam and I do not. Randy is one of our most loyal check-ins, and he enjoys taking net control when I¡¯m unable. Since one of my primary goals with any net is to always expand our range, I¡¯d like for Randy to get that vertical beam working harder. He could look for more DX-type check-ins.

      My idea is that I keep using my omni up 90¡ä to get the locals and semi-locals checked in. Just like we have been. But then we give Randy some time to call CQ with the beam in various directions, and see what he can hear. I know he would do better into IL, IN and MI than I can. He would like to do this, so he's on board.
      This would mean the net would be a little longer, but we¡¯d have more guys with better stations looking toward SE WI more often, because they could hear us via KC9KPV.

      So what I¡¯d like to hear is how you check-ins feel about this. You can email me or talk about it during the net. Nothing¡¯s etched in stone right now ¡ª this is a brainstorm in progress.

      EDIT: I did have a chance to talk with Randy and he had some good ideas for making potential changes. Long story short, we¡¯re going to run the net normally tonight, and give everyone a chance to talk about it on the air before we make any changes.

      Hope to hear some of you on tonight, stay tuned.
      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63 40 N of Milwaukee
      http://www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates