146.43 FM net *ON* tonight -- 9:30pm + Last night's SSB net reports

  • KC9BQA
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2009
      All the VHF info is up on http://www.kc9bqa.com Spend a few minutes a few times a week and you're up to speed.

      Scroll down to the 4th post, and you will see a true story about how an 8 element home-brew quagi up 18' worked a 340 mile path on 432.100 MHz last night about 10:30pm. I was there; it was one of those nice ham radio surprises.

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      http://www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates

      PS: For you Michigan hams, know that some of you will be able to hear this net. This is a fun net, only purpose is to stir up activity on less-used portions of 2 meters. As with all my nets, all are welcome. See what your station can do on its own. Listen along or say hello if you care to. Conditions got pretty good later last night.
      Tonight we have a guest net control, and that's KC9KPV Randy, who is located 15 miles NW of Milwaukee. He has good antennas and gets out well.