Nice VHF band conditions -- 144.250 SSB net *ON* tonight @7:30 eastern/2330 utc

  • KC9BQA
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2009
      Conditions have been enhanced on V/UHF and will probably
      remain that way for several days to come. Stagnant high pressure
      systems nearby are a good recipe for DX, especially later in the
      evening, overnight and well into the morning.

      Even if you're not into the weekly SSB nets, turn on your 6m, 2m,
      your 1.25cm, 70cm rigs and see what's out there. Put a CQ out
      there -- don't wait passively for someone else to key up.
      Our V/UHF bands need more activity at *ANY* time. Don't
      rely on me or others to do it -- take matters into your own hands.

      I've had a new idea rattling around in my head for a week or two.
      It's designed to get more hams to use our allotted spectrum. I'll be
      posting more details to the website later today. I hope many of you
      (even those who typically tune me out) will give it your attention.

      For now, the net announcement is up at http://www.kc9bqa.com

      73,
      Todd KC9BQA EN63ao 40 N of Milwaukee
      http://www.kc9bqa.com For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates