Fwd: Ohio QSO Party - Saturday, August 22

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12 8:51 AM
      The Ohio QSO Party is great fun, even for out of state entries. Hope
      many West Michigan hams can try it out. Best bet to work Ohio is 40
      metres during daylight and 80/75 metres in late afternoon and into the
      evening!

      73 de n8xx Hg

      ==== attached Message from K8MR ================
      Hi all,

      I'd appreciate it if you could pass along this information about the
      upcoming Ohio QSO Party to your local contest clubs and state qso party
      lists and reflectors.

      As mentioned below, there has been some confusion arising from a local
      dispute up here, so we do want to get things cleared up to the outside
      world.

      Thanks a lot!

      73 - Jim K8MR

      I'd like to invite all of you to join us for the Ohio QSO Party, on
      Saturday, August 22. The OQP runs from 1600z to 0400z Sunday. 80
      through 10 meters, phone and CW, with multipliers counting on both modes
      (for a total of 88x2 = 176 possible from outside Ohio).

      Full info is available at http://www.ohqp.org THIS IS A CHANGE
      FROM LAST YEAR.

      We in the Mad River Radio Club, the sponsor of the OQP since 1999, for
      various reasons decided to move the administration of the OQP to this
      new site from the old one (www.oqp.us). The holder of old site has
      tried to take over the running of the OQP from this old site, which
      remains online. So please be sure to change any old bookmarks you may
      have had. We regret the confusion arising from this, please bear with us!

      We in Ohio have likely supported your state's QSO party in the past - so
      we hope to have lots of your guys showing up in our logs on August 22
      (and indeed in past years we have seen very good activity from many of you!)

      See you on Saturday, August 22 !

      73 - Jim Stahl K8MR

      President, Mad River Radio Club