Needed: ~7 MHz crystal

  • Joe Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2009
      I've heard rumors that a QRP outing is planned sometime next month, so I'm trying to design and build a 40m portable transceiver to use by then. I have a design in mind, but I'm missing some parts. Chiefly among them, a crystal somewhere around 7 MHz.

      The frequency is not absolutely critical, but should be somewhere in the range of 6.9-7.1 MHz. My design utilizes a rock-bound "master" oscillator mixed with a low-frequency (up to about 500 kHz) VCO for tuning.

      Let me know what you have!

      -Joe, N8FQ
    • Robert Bailey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2009
        Hi,made me look.All I've found in my collection so far is,,,7.3 to 7.4.If you can trim them,you're welcome to them.73,Bob.N8XLX

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2009
          If you haven't found a xtal by now, check into the vintage AM radio net on Sat AM at 0830 hrs local time , 3885 kHz.    You will find one there for sure.....Al....KV8X