Amateur Radio Communications help

  • Jack Amelar
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2009
      K8MHZ wrote:
      I just skimmed the request, sorry, but would like to ask some questions.

      1) Does everyone need to have a truck or trailer?
      - NO! Just what you normally drive.
      The VIP vehicles and Photographer are already supplied with a driver.
      Just need a radio operator with a mobile or HT 2 meter and external
      magnet mount antenna.
      The collection sites are located where any street vehicle can get to,
      otherwise the 30 or 40 yard dumpsters couldn't be brought in.
      The 250 or so other volunteers come with trailers, trucks, jeeps, etc.
      and run around in the woods on the two tracks seeking and collecting
      trash. Our job is to keep a line of communications open.

      2) Does everyone need an amateur radio license?
      - Anyone involved with radio communications. Family members and friends
      are certainly welcome to tag along (not in the VIP vehicles) and join
      the lunch, etc.

      3) Where do you plan on meeting and at what time?
      - At the CarGo Gas station in Twin Lake, Hwy M-120 north of Muskegon.
      7:30 AM preferred, but no later than 8:30AM. Shortly after 9, disperse
      to assignments.
      I will actually be at the CarGo Friday evening in my motorhome.

      4) How long is the event expected to last?
      - Meet at Blue Lake County Park for lunch about 1-1:30, then enjoy the
      rest of the day.

      5) What frequencies will be used for talk in?
      The Muskegon County ECS repeater 146.82-(94.8Hz). If necessary, 147.42
      simplex.

      6) Which frequencies will be used for the event?
      Same repeater.

      *) Sorry if you have already answered the above, if you did this is an
      opportunity to get it in front of the masses again.
      And I'm using it.

      I very much appreciate K8MIC, Jim KC8PCJ, and Bob N8XLX for the kind
      words, understand some of you have other commitments. At least it shows
      the word is getting out.

      73 Jack NY8D

      Jack Amelar
      1554 Lincoln Lake Ave NE