    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2009
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: 2009 MICHIGAN QSO PARTY
      Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:15:01 -0400
      From: Mark Hinkleman <mhinkleman@...>
      To: <mhinkleman@...>

      *2009 **MICHIGAN** QSO PARTY*

      Attention Michigan Amateurs!!!!

      Hey, it's me again, and I'm frying up a new bunch of "spam" to remind
      all you Michigan Amateurs that it's time to gear it up and get ready for
      the 2009 Michigan QSO Party. This years QSO Party will be held on April

      In spite of the lousy conditions last year, it was a record year for the
      MiQP. Activity was up and we had over 300 entries with a record 41,660
      total QSO's. There has been a lot of traffic on the MiQP email reflector
      announcing 2009 operations from all around the state. The early
      indications point to another record year. With the support of fixed,
      mobile and portable stations, we plan on having activity in all 83

      Whether you operate from the home station, the club station, the EOC,
      mobile, or portable, the important thing is that you get on the air and
      join the fun. Operate for an 1 hour, or the full 12 hours, every little
      bit of RF will help make Michigan "Radio Active".

      In addition to the normally awarded plagues and certificates for the
      different categories, there will be a special ‘Rookie of the Year Award”
      in 2009. It should also be noted that the ARRL has declared 2009 “The
      Year of the State QSO Party” and is offering a special certificate.
      Others will need to work Michigan stations during the QSO party to earn
      the Michigan flag for their ARRL award http://www.arrl.org/awards/ysqso/

      Last but not least, we ask those of you that have participated in the
      MIQP to please help us get the word out and encourage other Michigan
      hams to participate and join the fun. See http://www.miqp.org
      <http://www.miqp.org/> for more details and the rules.

      Date /Time: Michigan QSO Party, sponsored by the Mad River Radio Club,
      from 1600Z April 18^th until 0400Z (19th) Stations may operate the full
      12 hours. (12 noon on the 18^th until 12 midnight local Michigan time)

      Modes and Categories: Phone and CW on 80/40/20/15/10 meters. Single-op,
      multi-op, mobile and Emergencies Operations Center (EOC) and “Rookie”
      categories. Single-op entries are categorized by output power, QRP (5W
      or less), Low Power (100W or less), and High Power (greater than 100W).

      Multipliers: Work stations once per band and mode. Work other states and
      Michigan Stations. MI to MI QSO's are allowed. Work portables and
      mobiles again as they change counties, state or province.

      Exchange: Exchange QSO number and location (county for MI stations,
      state/province or "DX" for others).

      Scoring: One point per phone QSO, two points per CW QSO. Count
      multipliers once per mode. Multipliers are MI counties for all entries,
      plus states & provinces for MI entries only. Final score is total QSO
      points times total multipliers.

      Freqs: Suggested frequencies: CW-3545, 7045, 14045, 21045, 28045;
      Phone-3800, 7200, 14250, 21300, 28450.

      Log Submittal: Mail logs no later than 30 days after the contest to: Mad
      River Radio Club, c/o Dave Pruett, 2727 Harris Road,

      Ypsilanti, MI 48198 or via e-mail to logs@...

      More Information: For complete rules, along with free logging software,
      log and summary sheets, and Fliers see http://www.miqp.org

      73 es cu April 18^th 2009

      Mark NU8Z