FW: River Bank Run 2009

  • J lists
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2009

      Hi All:

       It's getting to be that time of year again.  River Bank Run 2009.

      We need all available ham's to take part in this. This is a huge event. This is a great opportunity for us ham radio operators to show off our communication skills. If you haven't done an event before or are a bit nervous about it don't worry, most of you will be teamed up with another operator.  If you have any questions please contact us @ rbrsafety@... and we will be happy to answer them for you.

       http://www.kcraces.net/signup/riverbank.php

       About the sign up.  You will notice a few different dates for different

       events in relation to the RBR.

       #1) April 18th 7:30 AM - Noon Training Run. This was an easy going event

       last year and a lot of fun.    Good chance to get out and stretch the legs

       and get ready for events.

       #2) May 6th 5:00 PM Junior Run.   This is in Wyoming at the Rogers High School.  Another

       easy going event that is pretty fun and you always walk away with treats.

       #3)May 9th 6:30 AM - Noon Main Event.  This is huge.  All hands on deck.   Every year is

      different and you never know what will happen at the RBR!    Please make note we do

      a "pre-race" meeting the night before may 8th 7-9 PM.  We will update everyone with  location

       as we get closer.

       Please take a moment to check your schedules and if you can help please

      Sign  up for one or more of the events.  We will update you with info as it

      Comes  in.  If you do not have a radio, we can let you borrow one.

      Questions or special requests?  Email rbrsafety@...

       Thank You for your past and future help during this event!

       River Bank Run 09 Safety Team