GRARA Meeting, Friday, March 6

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 7:22 AM
      All members in the general area of Grand Rapids and surrounding
      communities are invited to the next meeting of the Grand Rapids Amateur
      Radio Association.

      I will be giving a PowerPoint presentation "Contesting 101" at the meeting

      This Friday, March 6, 2009
      American Red Cross Building
      1050 Fuller Ave NE
      Grand Rapids, MI 49503
      Gathering Time: 6:30 PM
      Meeting Time: 7:00 P.M

      Driving direction may be found on the web at
      http://www.w8dc.org/grr_common/RedCrossDirections.htm

      Talk in on the W8DC repeater, 147.260 MHz +600 KHz, 94.8 PL

      This presentation was originally developed and presented by Dave Pruett,
      K8CC, for the ARRL State Convention in Kalamazoo last year. Dave is the
      chairman of the Michigan QSO Party contest.

      I've expanded the presentation with information on the ARRL DX Contest
      (which starts at 7 p.m. Friday, concurrent with our meeting), and a few
      other contests.

      We will adjourn afterwards to work the ARRL Phone DX Contest
      from the W8DC Station. Everyone is encouraged to participate.

      This is an excellent opportunity for hams, new and old, to participate
      in an on the air activity, work a few foreign countries, and have a few
      eyeball QSO's while waiting for you turn to try "CQ DX"ing.

      NOTE: All hams and people interested in amateur radio are invited to
      the meeting and to the after meeting contest - there will be several
      control ops with Extra Class privileges, so you need not have a license
      to partake of the on the air event.

      73 de n8xx Hg