2nd invite - WQ8RP to be on FYBO, Saturday, Feb 7, 2009

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2009
      QST QST QST - all hams in the Western Michigan and thereabouts....

      Hate to sound like broken record, because I've announced this event at
      least once, maybe twice before on this reflector.

      HOWEVER, at the risk of being redundant and prone to overkill, I'm
      repeating......

      Cortland, KA5S, Bob, KD8HNF, and I will be operating during the upcoming
      F)reeze Y)our B)*** O)ff QRP Contest this coming Saturday, February 7.
      In keeping with the QRP theme of this contest, I've arranged for us to
      use WQ8RP, the Michigan QRP Club call for this event.

      Cortland has made arrangements to operate at Leonard Park, also know as
      the ADA Covered Bridge Park, located A map to the site is at Thornapple
      River Drive SE and Fase St SE near downtown Ada. The Ada Township Park
      officials have been very cooperative in this event. An interactive map
      is at http://tinyurl.com/df6jmp. There's a ball field which is now a
      skating rink, excellent heated restrooms, and several Trees for putting
      up antennae! All operators and/or spectators are welcome. We'll try to
      monitor 145.27 MHz, but may be tied up with operating. If you get lost,
      you may call my cell phone 616-433-9050.

      We will have a "semi-heated" tent, and a dining canopy for shelter, but
      dress appropriately. Temperature is supposed to be moderating, but rain
      showers are predicted - that's why we have a dining canopy and a tent!

      Regardless of whether you come out or not, we'd appreciate a contact
      from you. Look for us on or near 3.560 MHz, 7030 to 7040 MHz, or 14.060
      MHz (CW), or 3.985 MHz, 7.285 MHz, or 14.285 MHz (SSB). 80/75 will be
      the easiest for local contacts, but if you're really close, look for us
      on all the above listed frequencies.

      72/73 de n8xx Hg
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
        I forgot to note that we will be starting at 9 a.m., and operating
        until we get too cold, or 7 p.m. Come on out and visit and operate,
        and for those who can, please contact us!