Tulip Time 2009

  • Steve Vander Hill
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2009
      Hello, it might not feel like Spring is just around the corner but it will
      be here very soon, with Spring's arrival comes the 2009 Tulip Time Festival.
      As in the past the Amateur Radio Operators and the American Red Cross will
      be providing support along the parade routes during the three Tulip Time
      parades.

      The first parade (Volksparade) is scheduled for Wednesday, May 6, which we
      will need twelve Amateur Radio Operators to work as a Team with two American
      Red Cross First Aid Responders in covering a one block section of the parade
      route. Along with two Net Control Operators, we will need a total of
      fourteen Amateur Radio Operators, during the time frame of approximately
      1:00pm until 3:30pm.

      The second parade (Kinderparade) is scheduled for Thursday, May 7, which we
      will need the same number of Amateur Radio Operators as the Wednesday
      parade, during the same approximate time frame. The rain date for this
      parade will be Friday, May 8.

      The third, the largest, and the longest parade (Muziekparade) is schedule
      for Saturday, May 9, which we will need twenty-four Amateur Radio Operators
      to cover a one-block section of the expanded parade route, along with
      two-three Net Control Operators. Also during this parade we need packet
      radio stations setup and operating at the American Red Cross Tulip Time
      Headquarters, Holland High School, and at Net Control.

      Also for the Saturday parade, Amateur Radio Operators are needed to assist
      with parade lineup. This group will be working within their own net, and on
      a different frequency than the parade route Teams. We need approximately ten
      operators, six assigned to specific Division Parade Marshals, one to work
      with the floats, one to assist the TV Crew with their coverage, one to work
      with the cars, one to work directly with the Grand Marshal, and two Net
      Control Operators. Adding up the various activities on Saturday, we need
      approximately forty Amateur Radio Operators just to cover what we currently
      know needs to be covered.

      As one can see, this is large operation in which one Club or Group cannot
      handle on their own. Please we need your help in getting the word out to all
      area Amateur Radio Operators of this need. Many have done this festival for
      years and have their favorite spots to serve. If you are willing to serve,
      and have a favorite spot, please let me know I will to my best to assign you
      to that specific position. For those that are new to the hobby or those that
      have sat on the sidelines in the past years, please consider giving it a
      try. It is fun, and is a great way to brush up on your net operating
      procedures while providing a highly visible community service.

      If you're interested in volunteering, please provide me with you full name,
      call sign, physical limitations or special needs, contact phone number,
      email address, and any special assignments you would like to cover.

      Please email Dave Lamer WA8RSA directly at wa8rsa@... if you're
      interested in working the parade line-up on Saturday.

      Thank you in advance!

      Best regards,

      Steve Vander Hill - N8UJD
      Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
      Checked by AVG.
      AM
    • ravennaelectronics
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2009
        Good day Steve.
        I have passed the word at our local chapter. Denny, N8CTT, has
        passed the word to various clubs.

        Karen and I can do the Wednesday and Thursday parade. I am uncertain
        about the Saturday parade since I have concert to perform in at 7pm
        that evening. Once I get feedback from our DST-RCM members I will
        make sure to email it to you.

        If you need anything send a email
        Best Regards,
        Rich "Doc" Strait, AC8AL
        AEC-Red Cross Liaison
        Disaster Services Technology Team Lead
        Red Cross serving Muskegon, Oceana and Newaygo counites
        www.qsl.net/q8nvy
        dstlead at arcmon.or

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Vander Hill"
        <svanderhill@...> wrote:

> [...]
        serve,
        > and have a favorite spot, please let me know I will to my best to
        assign you
        > to that specific position. For those that are new to the hobby or
        those that
        > have sat on the sidelines in the past years, please consider giving
        it a
        > try. It is fun, and is a great way to brush up on your net operating
        > procedures while providing a highly visible community service.
        >
        > If you're interested in volunteering, please provide me with you
        full name,
        > call sign, physical limitations or special needs, contact phone
        number,
        > email address, and any special assignments you would like to cover.
        >
        > Please email Dave Lamer WA8RSA directly at wa8rsa@... if you're
        > interested in working the parade line-up on Saturday.

        1/15/2009 12:00
        > AM

      • Steve Vanderhill