FYBO 2009 February 7

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2009
      Greetings, everyone,

      Anyone for a QRP Outing in the cold of winter?

      The annual F)reeze Y)our B)... O)ff contest will be held on Saturday,
      February 7, 2009, between 1400Z-2400Z. I think that means 9 a.m. to
      7 p.m local (Eastern Standard) time.

      In 2007 Cortland, KA5S, and I joined Ed, AB8DF, in Hell, Michigan for
      the event. Yes, it WAS a cold day in Hell -2°F when we arrived, high
      of <15°F, AND Hell WAS frozen over. :) Last year Cortland wasn't
      available, and I had to be in Ohio that weekend for a family event,
      so I went to the "hallowed groud" of the Bethany, Ohio, Voice of
      America Site, which is now a park, and operated with a couple of my
      friends from that area.

      However, this year I'm planning to go to a site locally (within 20
      miles or therabouts) of Rockford, preferably, but not absitively
      necessarily, a location on a hill, and prfereably where there is
      possibility of some shelter from the elements.

      Does anyone care to join the effort? Ideas for an outdoor site, with
      possible shelter from wind/sn*w, etc? For details on the event, see

      http://www.azscqrpions.org/FYBO2009.htm

      Please respond off line

      73 de n8xx Hg