Kudos to Kent county Hams from the Michigan QSO Party

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
      Kudos to Operators in Kent county - From the official report of the 2008
      Michigan QSO Party. For complete report, see
      http://www.miqp.org/2008/2008_MiQP_Report.pdf

      Many of us might not have read the details in the 2008 Michigan QSO
      party, because it is some 36 pages long. I'll admit that I didn't read
      it carefully, haven't read the document thoroughly, and probably never
      will. However, I caught an interesting tidbit, which is worthy of note:

      "For the ninth year straight, we can report that all 83 MI counties were
      active during the contest. The five most active counties were Oakland,
      Washtenaw, Kent, Lenawee and Wayne. Oakland repeats it's top spot from
      2007, while Washtenaw returns after a year's absence and Kent makes the
      list for the first time, replacing Macomb and St. Clair that just
      slipped outside of the "top 5" this year. The ops from Kent County are
      to be congratulated - the number of Kent county fixed stations in 2008
      was greater than in the total of all the previous years combined!"

      Please talk this up in your local club - get the word out. The 2009
      Michigan QSO party is right around the corner - Saturday, April 18, 2009
      from noon to midnight. This is a "fun" contest, designed for the olde
      tymer or newcomer, the died in the wool contester, or an op who just
      wants to make a few contacts. Note that, if a single club has two or
      more entries from its members are eligible for club competition awards.

      For full details of the Michigan QSO Party, see http://www.miqp.org/

      Hope to CU on the Michigan QSO Party, 2009!

      73 de n8xx Hg

      p.s. For those of you in surrounding counties, want to engage in a
      "contest within a contest" to see how many operators you can scare up to
      operate during the upcoming 2009 MiQP? That would be a REAL blast!
      Kent has only 8 entries, so beating this record might not be all that
      big of a deal - UNLESS, of course, the hams within Kent County take
      things to heart and really twist the arms of their colleagues and get
      them active!
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
        Well, shoot, Hank... I participated, but did not compete. I figure
        the guys in the competition have to communicate with someone
        else... i.e.,... that would be ME!

        But I don't sen in my log or tell the contest I participated.

        Should I to help the Kent Co boys get more credit?

        Stop by for Lunch Friday, eh!

        ============== James - K8JHR ==================

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
          James:

          I've always submitted a log when I've partook of a contest, even the
          itty bitty QRP contests which sometimes result in only 10 or so
          contacts.

          Of course, it's up to you - but with free logging programmes, such as
          W3KM's General Logging programme (available @
          http://www.qsl.net/w3km/gen_log.htm) or N1MM's logger (available at
          http://www.n1mm.com/) it's very easy to keep a computer generated log
          and have it provide the submission log.

          I found that W3KM's software isn't quite a versatile as N1MM, but
          it's much easier to set up, at least for a dodo like me. :)

          So, please participate in the 2009 Michigan QSO Party and submit your
          log!

          73 de n8xx Hg