GRARA Friday, January 2, 2009, 7:00 p.m.

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008
      Come one, come all, to the next meeting of the Grand Rapids Amateur
      Radio Association, Friday, January 2, 2009. We will start gather at
      6:30 p.m., and the meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m.

      Besides the usual hum-drum, boring stuff of a meeting, we will have an
      exciting discussion of the ARRL RTTY Roundup, which starts the next day
      (Saturday) at 1 p.m., and runs through 7 p.m. Sunday. We plan to
      activate W8DC for that event!

      And, even more exciting, Mike, W8DER, is bringing his state of the art
      FLEX-5000 rig for "show and tell." This rig is essentially a front end
      and final amplifier, with all the signals generated at baseband via an
      on board computer. For ARRL members, there's a nice writeup of the
      Flex-5000 in the July 2008 issue of QST.

      After the meeting, there will be ham sandwiches, sodas.

      Come on out for an interesting, educational, and entertaining evening!
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008
        I forgot to post the location of the GRARA meeting:

        American Red Cross Building,
        1050 Fuller Ave NE
        Grand Rapids, MI 49503
        (1/2 Block South of Leonard on Fuller NE
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2008
          "ham" sandwiches...? How could you...?

          Are you cannibals...? :-)