Weaver's Words -- Election Results Special

  • Tom VanderMel KB8VEE
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2008
      [Reply to k8je@...]

      +++ KI4LA is re-elected Vice Director +++

      To ensure as many members as possible have heard the news, incumbent
      Vice Director, Gary Johnston, KI4LA of Edgewood, KY has been reelected
      to his post for another three years in a very close, 3-candidate race.
      In addition to Gary, the candidates were former Kentucky Section
      Manager and current Division Legislative Action Chairman John D.
      Meyers, NB4K of Butler, KY and current Michigan Affiliated Club
      Coordinator Dan Romanchik, KB6NU of Ann Arbor, MI. Voting in this
      election ended at noon, November 21. The results of the vote count as
      reported on the ARRL web site were:

      Gary Johnston, KI4LA = 1218
      Dan Romanchik = 1205
      John Meyers = 1155

      Upon learning of the election results, I sent the following message by
      e-mail to the three candidates:

      "Gentlemen,

      "Congratulations to Vice Director Johnston for his re-election victory
      in the just-completed election (the counting machine is still warm as I
      write this). I look forward to the assistance of Vice Director
      Johnston during the coming three years as together we strive to further
      the interests of Amateur Radio, the ARRL and the Great Lakes Division.
      Congratulations also to Dan and John on their strong campaigns.

      "Thanks to the three of you for the deep interest you demonstrated in
      the ARRL electoral process. It is through spirited competition such as
      you displayed that ARRL is assured of competent leadership in coming
      years. I feel confident that each of you will continue your leadership
      support of the League regardless of the precise form this will take.

      "73,"

      Thanks to each Division member who voted in the just-completed
      election. It is votes of members such as you that select each of the
      15 directors on the ARRL Board of Directors. The directors determine
      ARRL policy. Vice directors perform services to support their
      respective divisions as requested by their director and fill-in for the
      director as necessary.

      Directors and vice directors serve terms three years in length. The
      terms begin at noon on January 1 following the election. One-third of
      the 15 directors and their associated vice directors are elected each
      year on a staggered basis. Director and vice director elections for
      the Central, Hudson, New England, Northwestern and Roanoke Divisions
      will be held in 2009.

      Section Managers including Joe Phillips, K8QOE (OH), Dale Williams,
      WA8EFK (MI) and Jim in contrast serve for terms of two years.

      73,

      Jim Weaver, K8JE, Director
      ARRL Great Lakes Division
      5065 Bethany Rd.
      Mason, OH 45040
      E-mail: k8je@...; Tel.: 513-459-0142
      ARRL - The Reason Amateur Radio Is!
      Members - The Reason ARRL Is!

      ARRL Great Lakes Division
      Director: James Weaver, K8JE
      k8je@...
      This message is being sent to you via the ARRL Members Only Web site.
      If you do not want to receive further messages, go to the site at:
      http://www.arrl.org/members-only/memdata.html?modify=1
      Log in with your username and password and change your email options.
      Unchecking the "News and information from your Division Director and
      Section Manager" box will prevent messages such as this one from
      being sent to you.
      -- webmaster@...