[GRARA] ARRL Sweepstakes this is Whiskey Eight Delta Charlie calling....

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2008
      *
      Hey guys, you don't want to miss Saturday Night!*

      It's the ARRL Phone Sweepstakes from W8DC, the GRARA Club station at the
      Red Cross, 1050 Fuller Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503. (1/2 Block South
      of Leonard on Fuller NE).

      All hams in the area are cordially invited, members or not. We will
      gather about 5 p.m. Saturday, and "operate until we drop" - probably
      around midnight. If you plan to arrive much after 5 p.m., we'll be
      monitoring the W8DC repeater 147.26+, 94.8 PL. We hope to figure out
      the "after hours" direct telephone number, and if so, we'll post it at
      the door of the building.

      The club officers call this 'training', _ we call this 'a whole lot of
      fun!"_

      An Extra Class operator will be on duty at all times, so Technicians can
      get lots of HF practice in the Extra Class bands. Sorry, no code
      Saturday night, just ole fashioned phone operation and lot's of it. Can
      anyone match Nate's aggressive techniques from the Michigan QSO Party?
      Come and see...

      We will also be testing-out the two new tri-bander antennas.

      See the new web site, http://www.w8dc.org for more information and the
      sign-up sheet