Fwd: Preview the 2008 ARRL On-Line Auction NOW!

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2008

      -----Original Message-----
      From: ARRL Web site <memberlist@...>
      Sent: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:47 pm
      Subject: Preview the 2008 ARRL On-Line Auction NOW!

      PREVIEW WEEK STARTS OCTOBER 16, AT 10AM ET

      Just what is preview week? You have an entire week before bidding starts to register to bid, and browse through new equipment, vintage equipment, and products & services. You can also tour our virtual Flea Market category from the comfort of your chair and check out the many bargains.

      PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PASSWORDS AND USER IDS FOR THE ARRL WEB-SITE ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE TO THE ARRL ON-LINE AUCTION WEBSITE. YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER HERE IN ORDER TO BID: www.arrl.org/auction

      The 2008 ARRL On-Line Auction
      will open for bidding on October 23rd at 10AM ET.

      Bidders will be treated to over 160 items to browse through and bid on, including a vast array of QST Product Review items, new and pre-owned equipment and other goods and services.

      Proceeds from our yearly On-Line Auction benefit ARRL education programs including activities to license new hams, strengthen Amateur Radio's emergency service training, offer continuing technical and operating education, as well as creating instructional materials.

      This event would not be possible without the generosity of our donors. Our sincere thanks to all who donated items for this year's auction and a special mention to the two organizations below who have chosen the highest level of participation as 2008 ARRL On-Line Auction Golden Gavel Sponsors.

      Golden Gavel Sponsor - Icom America, Inc. donates the IC-7000

      The ICOM IC-7000 represents the next generation in all-mode HF/VHF/UHF mobile transceivers. DSP at the IF level is the cornerstone of this impressive new multi-bander. In fact, the 7000 employs two DSP chips to work its magic. Imagine having 41 bandwidths available - standard! You can even select sharp or soft filter shape. And variable twin PBT allows you to either narrow the IF passband, or shift the entire passband to eliminate QRM. All the controls are intuitive to use.

      Eight of the most-used radio functions are controlled by dedicated function keys grouped around the display for easy visibility. One quick touch turns the function on and off. A longer touch activates adjustment of the function's setting. An internal memory keyer provides four memories for station information or contest exchanges. The keyer also performs automatic repeat, automatic contest serial numbers and cut-numbers. The Digital Voice Recorder (DVR) function has a front panel REC control that allows you to record incoming signals for up to 25 minutes.

      Other features include: a detachable control head (requires optional separation cable), 503 memories, S/PWR/SWR meter, RIT, Preamp, RTTY Demodulator, Attenuator, adjustable SSB bandwidth, NTSC video output, DTMF memory, VOX, full break-in and adjustable CW pitch.

      The IC-7000 comes with the HM-151 backlit remote mic, spare fuses, key plug and DC power cable.

      Please click the ICOM® link HERE for more information.

      < /div>
      Golden Gavel Sponsor - R4 Systems, Inc. donates the PROTEUS DESIGN SUITE from Labcenter

      Proteus PCB design combines the ISIS schematic capture and ARES PCB layout programs to provide a powerful, integrated and easy to use suite of tools for professional printed circuit board design.

      All Proteus PCB design products include an integrated shape based autorouter and a basic SPICE simulation capability as standard. More advanced routing modes are included in Proteus PCB Design20Level 2. The Advanced Simulation Feature (ASF) option is also included in this package.

      The following are some of the Proteus highlights:
      • Full feature ISIS schematic capture with support for hierarchical design, bus pins, configurable bill of materials.
      • Netlist based ARES PCB layout with support of up to 16 copper layers, 10nm resolution, any angle component placement, full electrical and physical design rule.
      • Basic Simulation.
      • Unlimited Shape-based Power Planes.
      • Global Shape Based Autorouting.
      • Command Driven Interactive Autorouting.
      • 3D Board Visualization.
      • Gerber standard output files.
      • ODB++ Manufacturing Output.
      • Gate-Swap Optimizer.
      • Board Auto-placement.
      This Proteus package gives the electronics designer all the tools necessary for Concept to PCB layout in a easy to use package. It includes Schematic capture, Advanced Simulation, PCB Layout, Shape-Based Autorouting for the most demanding of boards. Proteus is the CAD package every HAM would like to own. A copy of our Free Demo can be downloaded at our website.
      =0 D

      Please click the R4 link HERE for more information.

      We would also like to extend our sincere thanks to all of our ARRL Business Partners, listed below, for making donations to the 2008 ARRL On-Line Auction. Please visit their links to view the great assortment of products they offer.

      APRS World

      ASA Incorporated

      HamTestOnline™

      Ham University

      Hotpress Ham Hats

      ICOM America

      International Radio

      Jetstream (R & L Electronics)

      KB3IFH QSL Cards

      K8RA Iambic CW Keys

      N2VZ Enterprises

      Nifty Ham Accessories

      Parallax, Inc

      R4 Systems, Inc

      Scorpion Antennas

      Tigertronics

      Universal Radio, Inc.

      Yaesu

      We are pleased to report that we have also received a large number of donations from members, staff and others and we’re still receiving donations every day. Starting bids for our auction items range from $5.00 to $9,500. No matter what your price range, there’s something for everyone.
      & nbsp;
      So please join the fun on October 23. To ensure that you have adequate time to register, browse and bid, the auction site will be opened for preview and registration beginning October 16, 2008 at 10 AM ET at:

      Until that time, we will continue to work on the site, adding auction items every day. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact....

      ARRL On-Line Auction Coordinator, Deb Jahnke, K1DAJ - email djahnke@...

      See you at the Auction!

      ABOUT THIS E-MAIL
      Participation in ARRL Product Announcements and Special Offers is voluntary. During the registration to access ARRL's Members Only Web Site features, you indicated a preference to receive these emails. To unsubscribe from future announcements, visit the ARRLWeb site and click the "Modify membership data" link.

      ARRL
      The national association for AMATEUR RADIO
      225 Main Street, Newington, CT 06111-1494 USA