American Red Cross - DSHR and HAMS

  • Steve Vander Hill
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008

      Hello, reference below, please advise me via return email if you would be interested in becoming a part of the American Red Cross Disaster Services Human Resources system.  This system is utilized to call out trained volunteers in specific areas for national disasters normally for a three week time frame.

      If there are enough interested, we can hold a special training session to get through the required basis American Red Cross training.

      Let me know if your interested, thanks!

      Steve N8UJD

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
        Hi Steve
        If the HAMS are going to go out and do amateur radio I would also
        recommend that they take DST 101 Intro/Overview and DST 101 RCM. DST
        101 Intro/Overview is the Disaster Services Technology overview
        course that tells about what DST is and it's various activities. The
        DST 101 RCM is the Disaster Services Technology Response
        Communications overview course. See the Red Cross DST Neighborhood
        for the next online/conference call training opportunities.

        The DST courses are also available to ANY Red Cross volunteer.

        Best Regards,
        Rich "Doc" AC8AL

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Vander Hill"

      • wd8usa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2008
          As I have a regular job and my employer does not give admin leave for this I am unable to be deployed for any length of time- Local efforts only at this point- Unfortunately this is a retired persons game- Sorry I took so long to respond! DE WD8USA   ...-.-