Are You a New Ham? You're Invited!

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2008
      Are you a new ham? Wondering what's up? Why?

      We've got the answer. You need a little assistance, perhaps an Elmer,
      and a reason. The Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council wants to help
      you right the situation. We're hosting an event specifically tailored
      to you and our wonderful hobby. Yes!

      Saturday, September 13 we are inviting you to a foxhunt and new ham
      orientation. The day starts at noon with some basic instruction,
      explanation of the basic rules, and hardware check. Then we will go
      out and chase the fox. Yep, a transceiver hunt for the hams in our
      community. It all begins and ends at the MAARC's clubhouse on Scenic
      Drive between Muskegon and White Lakes and over by Lake Michigan. Fun!

      You need to bring along that spiffy new HT and any auxiliary antenna
      you might have available. Or just yourself. We'll have lots of
      information, tips, and suggestions. We will team up with other hams
      of varying experience. Did I mention this will be great fun?!

      Following the random and reasoned wandering around northern Muskegon
      County we will return to the clubhouse for a wonderful time of story
      telling, reliving of heroics, and a Steak Dinner. Yep, a steak, baked
      potato, salad, and great friends. I bet you can't beat that offer on
      any other Saturday.

      Bring a friend, ham or otherwise. Bring a sense of adventure. Bring
      your questions. Bring a few bucks for dinner.

      Mark your calendar, set the alarm, and we'll have fun! Experienced
      amateur radio operators are also encouraged and invited. This will be
      fun for everyone.

      See you there? We hope so!

      Bill, AB8SC
      MAARC guy