IEEE Symposium open to area hams

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2008
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: IEEE Symposium open to area hams
      Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:56:03 -0400 (EDT)
      From: ARRL MI Section <memberlist@...>

      August 14, 2008

      ARRL Mi Section & Great Lakes Division:

      We cordially invite all ARRL members in the Michigan Section and Great
      Lakes Division to take part in the 2008 IEEE International Symposium
      on Electromagnetic Compatibility as a guest at one, or more, of our
      Amateur Radio related events. The Symposium will be held August 18
      22, 2008, in Detroit, Michigan, at Cobo Center. Simply "register" as
      an "Exhibits only" (FREE) participant, and explore all the exhibits
      and demonstrations the Symposium has to offer.

      As part of our Symposium, we are hosting an Amateur Radio Station to
      be operated by members of the Motor City Radio Club (MCRC). This
      station will be prominently located in the exhibit hall and should
      generate much interest in Amateur Radio and in the equipment used by
      Hams in their hobby.

      In addition to the station several other related Amateur Radio
      activities are planned for the Symposium. In total they are:
      Operating Station SSB / FM / CW Amateur Radio Examination (Th. 9-12)
      Amateur Radio Luncheon (Wed: BYO)
      Amateur Radio Message Service
      Repeater "talk in service"
      Visiting operator opportunity.

      Ed Hare (W1RFI) of the American Radio Relay League (ARRL), primary
      editor for the ARRL publication "Radio Frequency Interference" will be
      with us as part of our Symposium, and to assist with the station.
      Ed has long been the liaison between the ARRL and the EMC Society and
      a strong supporter of RFI (EMC) concerns among the Amateur Radio
      community. We are very glad to have Ed's participation and support
      for this event. www.emc2008.org.

      Kimball Williams NCE N8FNC
      Chairman, 2008 IEEE EMC Symposium