Warning - Warning - Warning

  • Tom VanderMel KB8VEE
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2008
      All
      Please pass on to all ARRL Members. 73 Tom KB8VEE

      (Reply only to k8je@...)

      Do not respond to the following message if you receive it. It is not
      an ARRL-related message. It appears to be an attempt to obtain
      critical information that can be used in emptying your wallets.

      The fraudulent message:

      "Attention E-Mail Account Holder,

      "We are currently performing maintenance for our Digital mail Account
      owners due to the rate of internet passwords and other informations
      problems. And we discovered that our mail account owners have been
      receiving phishing mails form imposters asking for their personal
      information.So we intend upgrading our Digital mail Security Server for
      better online services.

      "In order to ensure you do not experience service interruption, Please
      you must reply to this email immediately and enter your User Id
      here:(****) Email: (*****) and password(S) here: (****) (****), Contact
      Phone Number(****) for security reasons and Check out your new features
      and enhancements with your new and improved mail account. To enable us
      upgrade your Account for better online services please reply to this
      mail.

      "NB: We request your username(s) and password(s) for Identification
      purpose only.

      "Signed,
      "Account Support Unit"

      Thanks to members of the Division who called this bogus message to my
      attention.

      GL, 73,

      Jim Weaver, K8JE

      Jim Weaver, K8JE, Director
      ARRL Great Lakes Division
      5065 Bethany Rd.
      Mason, OH 45040
      E-mail: k8je@...; Tel.: 513-459-0142
      ARRL - The Reason Amateur Radio Is!
      Members - The Reason ARRL Is!

      ARRL Great Lakes Division
      Director: James Weaver, K8JE
      k8je@...
      This message is being sent to you via the ARRL Members Only Web site.
      If you do not want to receive further messages, go to the site at:
      http://www.arrl.org/members-only/memdata.html?modify=1
      Log in with your username and password and change your email options.
      Unchecking the "News and information from your Division Director and
      Section Manager" box will prevent messages such as this one from
      being sent to you.
      -- webmaster@...