Response for help a little slow .... Help need for events in the City of Grand Haven - Sunday and Wed.

  • Don Meyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2008
      Hello Everyone ... I don't want to beat this event on to everyone but we have not had much response for help. This is a short event and what we have to help out with is all in the City. Public Safety Officers are at all the busy corners and we help out at some of the turns, hills,keeping track of the runners and some of the stop streets.

      Please if you can help we need you ..... 73 Don Meyer-KB8ODB

      Sunday July 13 2008 we need help with a triathlon in Grand
       Haven we will meet at 7:00 am at the Grand Haven public safety parking lot
       this event starts at 8:00 am and should last until 12:00 noon this event is shorter than last year with the removal of the half ironman event if you can help contact
       Don Meyer
      kb8odb@sbcglobal. net 616-846-7307 or John Fisher at kc8uny@arrl. net thanks 73
      We have also been asked to help out Wed July 16th in the evening with the  Scott Flahive Memorial Cruise at 7pm. It starts at the Grand Haven Driftwood Inn on to US31 south and then back onto lakeshore and up sheldon street to downtown. We have been asked to help keep the cars in the cruise move through the 4 way stops and keep them moveing after the first car go's through .... We will be working with the GHPS and get to see the line up of classic cars .... Please let us know if you can help with this event...73 Don Meyer -KB8ODB

      Donald Meyer - KB8ODB

      Assistant Emergency Coordinator for Amateur Radio in Ottawa County

      e-mail:kb8odb@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2008
        Golly Don... I would love to help, but I am working another radio event
        that day... so many events come up on the same weekends in Summer
        time it is hard to do them all.

        Hopefully, next time! == GOOD LUCK - K8JHR ==