When Networks Fail

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 10:38 AM
      Nice article, which I first saw in the Kent County ARPSC
      reflector.....

      When Networks Fail, Hams to the Rescue
      08:36AM Friday Jul 04 2008
      Tipped by n2jtx

      User n2jtx writes in: "With the periodic reports on BPL and the usual
      "it's time for the hams to find something else to do", it is
      refreshing to see this article that talks about amateur radio
      operations and their role in communication in times of crisis."
      Whether it's a natural or man made disaster, ham operators usually
      come through in a crunch when traditional networks fail. The report
      highlights how hams work in conjunction with other volunteer groups
      such as the Military Affiliated Radio Stations (MARS) and Amateur
      Radio Emergency Service (ARES), both of which coordinate with state
      and local officials during emergencies.

      For full article, see
      http://tinyurl.com/5wxj9y