Newaygo County EOC

  • Tim Deater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2008
      Newaygo County finally has an (empty) EOC!  It needs to be outfitted.  I know that there are some grants in the works to outfit the EOC, but I don't like to count on any equipment until the boxes are delivered, or at least ordered. We also need to get something on line sooner rather than later. With storm season here, I don't want to wait too long to get this project going.  I hope to have an EOC open house sometime in the next couple of months, so everyone can see where it is, and so we can get pictures for ID's and such.

      I am looking for any of this list:

      Dual band radio
      VHF radio
      HF radio
      Power Supplies for radios
      Dual Band Antenna
      VHF antenna
      HF antenna
      TNC
      Coax
      Tuner
      Portable radios
      Tripods or mounts for antennas
      Small TV
      Desk
      Anything else that might be useful in an EOC

      I do have a start on equipment, and do have a lot of my own equipment that will be going to the EOC, but we are far from operational.

      Also, I am planning on some sort of fundraiser auction, both to get rid of a lot of stuff I have accumulated over the years, and to raise money for the 146.920 Fremont Repeater.  All of the proceeds will go to the 92.  I do not know when yet, or any other details, but I will keep everyone posted.  If anyone has anything they would like to donate for a sale, or excess money you want to get rid of, let me know.

      Please pass this around to whomever may be interested.

      Have a great weekend!
      Tim Deater
      KC8MSE
      Newaygo County EC