Hamfest this Saturday

  • Tom VanderMel KB8VEE
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2008
      Saturday, June 7, 2008 - 8 a.m. until 2 p.m.
      We?re bringing back the 'Good Old Days' at
      West Michigan?s Largest Hamfest & Computer Fair.
      Support your Michigan linked repeater system. Be there!
      GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN
      I.R.A. 'GOOD OLD DAYS' HAMFEST
      Convenient location with spacious facilities at the Hudsonville Fairgrounds.
      Located 14 miles west of Grand Rapids, two miles north of I-196 at exit 62.
      FREE tables and FREE trunk sales spaces (tickets required). Friday night
      potluck,
      camping, demonstrations, and exhibits. We have listened to your suggestions!
      OVER 22,000 SQUARE-FEET INDOOR FACILITIES with CONVENIENT ACCESS and FREE
      PARKING.
      FREE 8' tables (indoors) and FREE trunk sale spaces (outdoors). Sellers and
      dealers must reserve
      tables and/or trunk sale spaces with a prepaid ticket order! Tables/spaces
      first come, first served.
      Tickets: $5.00 ea. through June 6th; $6.00 ea. on June 7th. NOTE: Prepaid
      ticket reservations held until
      0745 Saturday then released (no refunds). All reservations with SASE please.
      Camping, tables, and trunk
      spaces are not an admission to Hamfest; tickets are required. Friday night
      set-up available after 7 p.m. or
      6:00 a.m. start on Saturday. CAMPING: $10 fee, showers and electricity
      available for camping. There is a
      $5 additional fee for any electrical hookup. Food and drinks available in
      comfortable indoor eating facilities.
      Many sit down "Eyeball QSO areas." Children under 12 years admitted free
      accompanying an adult.
      Handicapped parking and access. In case of rain, trunk sellers could move
      indoors if space is available.
      .FAMOUS "ROADKILL-CHILI" POTLUCK FRIDAY EVENING
      .MDXA ISLAND ACTIVATIONS FORUM - 9:00 A.M.
      .GETTING YOUTH INTO HAM RADIO FORUM - 11:00 A.M.
      .NEWS-TV, SKYWARN & EMERGENCY VEHICLE EXHIBITS
      .ARRL CERTIFICATION FOR DXCC, VUCC AND WAS AWARDS
      .VE AMATEUR EXAMS - 12:30 P.M. START
      Bring a main dish to pass and join in the fun at 6:45 P.M. after
      helping with setup. Enjoy "Eye-ball QSOs," entertainment, awards,
      and surprises. Last opportunity to purchase reduced-price Hamfest
      tickets. GRARA Club meeting held immediately after the potluck.
      Over 125 people attended the potluck last year.
      All walk-ins. Technician, General and Extra Class. Please bring
      original and a copy of your license, any C.S.C.E.'s with some form
      of photo ID and a check made out to "ARRL / VEC".
      INFO: Call Kathy at (616) 698-6627 after 4 p.m.
      (E.D.S.T.) for info and discount rate motels.
      Check out the IRA Web-site at:
      www.w8hvg.org.
      Talk-In will be on 147.160 link system (94.8 pl).
      Write for reservations & tickets to: I.R.A. Hamfest,
      562 92nd Street SE, Byron Center, MI 49315.
      Camping fee: $10.00; w/elec. $5.00 more. Tickets:
      $5.00 ea. before June 6th; $6.00 ea. on June 7th.
      cut here
      NAME_________________________________________________ CALL _____________
      DATE ____/____/ 2008
      ADDRESS _____________________________________________
      COMPANY_____________________________
      CITY ____________________________________ STATE ______ ZIP ___________ PHONE
      ( ) ____________
      NUMBER OF TABLES ____ TRUNK SALES SPACES ____ NUMBER OF TICKETS ____
      CAMPING: Y / N (circle)
      ELEC. REQ'D: Y / N (circle) KIND OF MERCHANDISE
      TOTAL ENC. _____________ MAKE CHECKS OUT TO: INDEPENDENT REPEATER
      ASSOCIATION, INC.
      INCLUDE S.A.S.E. AND MAIL TO: I.R.A. HAMFEST, 562 92ND STREET SE, BYRON
      CENTER, MI 49315
      .D-STAR WHAT IS IT? DEMO AND FORUM - 10:00 A.M.
      .LINK REPEATER SYSTEM OPERATION EXHIBIT
      .GRAND RAPIDS FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS - DOWNTOWN
      Dale Williams, ARRL Michigan Section Manager - Moderator
      .DX-PEDITION VIDEOS AND AWARDS EXHIBIT
      DEALERS: BRING YOUR HAM
      EQUIPMENT, COAX, COMPUTER
      EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, WIRE,
      ALTERNATIVE ENERGY EQUIPMENT,
      BOOKS, PARTS, JEWELRY, CAPS,
      SWEAT-SHIRTS, JACKETS, ETC,
      TO SELL .......... BE THERE!
      HAMS: BRING YOUR RADIOS, BOOKS,
      ANTENNAS, COAX, COMPUTERS,
      AND EQUIPMENT TO SHOW, TRADE
      OR SELL ........... BE THERE!
      COMPUTER HOBBYISTS: BRING
      YOUR EXCESS HARDWARE, BOOKS,
      SOFTWARE, PARTS, ETC., TO TRADE
      OR SELL ........... BE THERE!
      EVERYONE: LOOK AT ALL THE
      ACTIVITIES ........... BE THERE!

      From Tom VanderMel KB8VEE Michigan Region 6 Emergency Coordinator
      Assistant Director for Member Services Great Lakes Division ARRL
      General Manager Tool Max Industrial Supply
      Home Page http://www.qsl.net/kb8vee/
      E Mail  kb8vee@... Home Phone is (231) 865-1558 Cell Phone (231) 206-0422

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2008
        I wonder if, perhaps, maybe this should have been sent out
        a month ago so folks could plan for it better...