W8T - National Trails Day - Jun 7 - Update

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2008
      The special events call W8T will be activated during the National Trails
      day from a gazebo in Peppler Park, downtown Rockford, Michigan. The
      operation will be between about 1600Z and 2359Z on June 7. The call has
      been reserved, and three operators will share the duty on 80 thru 20
      metres, CW and SSB, plus several 2 metre FM repeaters in the area. See
      http://www.greeb.net/w8tinfo/ for details of the proposed operating
      frequencies and times. A pictorial QSL card will be available - send
      #10 envelope or larger with SASE to N8XX QTHR.

      Another special events station will be N8T, will be activated by the
      Lake Effect Amateur Radio Club of Marquette, Michigan in the Upper
      Peninsula. Details of this operation can be found at
      http://www.lakeeffectarc.info/N8T%2DTrails2008/N8TBandOpsPlan.htm

      We hope to see as many operators from West Michigan on the bands as
      possible.

      73 de n8xx Hg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2008
        Hi Hank - you mentioned the possibility of my bringing my HF rig...

        but I do not know what I would use as an antenna. I have a wide
        range internal tuner (runs about 8:1 which is more than the usual
        3:1 in many rigs) and I have a 20 meter dipole I made but do not have
        up...

        Any ideas on antennas for HF operation if I bring my rig?

        ALSO, SORRY I missed meeting you in person last weekend on the
        MS 100 route - I was "Staff 2" on the project. Our support
        vehicle arrived back after the last rider was in.