Last Minute Info: Saturday's FoxHunt at the IRA Hudsonville Swap

  • mike_w8der
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008
      Be sure to stay around after the IRA Hamfest in Hudsonville Saturday
      for the "My Money's All Gone" Foxhunt put on by the Grand Rapids
      Amateur Radio Assoc.

      Meet the "Official Starter" Jim Leys, KD8CAN, in the Park Avenue
      Parking lot by the IRA ticket booth by 12:45 PM to record your
      odometer reading and to get the latest instructions. The Fox (the
      team of Tom and Sheila Bosscher K8TB/K8AJ) will begin transmitting
      their taunts exactly at 1:00 PM.

      See the GRARA website http://www.w8dc.org/FoxHuntMain.htm for rules
      and all kinds of useful links to foxhunting info.

      In the words of Jack Kunnen, GRARA President.... "The hunt should be
      a good one, even if you don't have fancy equipment come on out we can
      match up and car pool as needed. Fox hunts are a good time, putting
      some of our Ham skills to a test. Everyone is welcome."

      What do you win, you ask? Just the unending respect of your peers
      and the first option to be the fox at the next GRARA fox hunt.

      In addition, you will have the extreme pride in knowing that you
      brought the current championship back to your Grand Rapids Club. The
      current reigning champions are Tom and Sheila Bosscher from the
      Holland Amateur Radio Club. (The HARC couldn't win twice in a
      row..... could they?)

      If you get a chance, sign-up on the W8DC website so we know to expect
      you. This is a beginner level fox hunt. No computer aided or
      doppler tracking systems are allowed.

      Come on out and enjoy ham radio! Saturday at 12:45 at the IRA
      Hamfest.