HARC General license class - May 5, 2008

  • Joe Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2008
      We tried to kick off our General class yesterday, but only one person showed up, so we are rescheduling the beginning of the class for the beginning of May.

      If anyone out there has, or knows someone who has, a Tech license and wants to upgrade to General, the Holland Amateur Radio Club is offering a General license class. The class is free, study books are available for $20 from Ed Heyboer, KF8EV (eheyboer@...). Let either him or I know if you're interested!

      Date: May 5, 2008 and the next 8-10 Mondays after that
      Time: 1900h (7:00 PM)
      Place: HARC Technology and Training Center - 280 E 8th St, Holland (42° 47' 24" N/86° 5' 40" W)
      Directions: take Chicago Dr. west of US-31, look for blue house on the left just past the Chicago/8th merge, next to the Chamber of Commerce and across from Long John Silver's

      At the same place and time, Chuck W8GCW is offering a beginners' CW class. So if you want to work DX without an amplifier, or just be able to identify repeaters, see him.

      Spread the word!
      -Joe, N8FQ