Fw: [W8ZHO] BPL

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2008

      From: Bill
      Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 09:43
      Subject: [W8ZHO] BPL

      All:

      I've let my membership in the ARRL lapse. There are several reasons
      for this which are not germane to today's message.

      Linda, AB8QH stumbled upon this web page trumpeting the hopeful
      roll-out of a BPL system. Refer to:
      http://www.teammidw est.com/informat ion/BPLUpdateApr il2008.htm

      I'm not saying that all BPL systems are evil or a threat to our hobby.
      As it happens I've only just now signed up for propane service from
      this company. This manifests in the realization that I'm in their
      service area and maybe a potential customer of their BPL system.

      Certainly the ARRL cannot be in all places at once. And maybe they
      don't get involved until a utility rolls out a system that actually
      pollutes our radio spectrum. Their effort is likely better placed
      with the manufacturers of the hardware?

      Would an ARRL member forward the above link to their BPL folks? I'd
      guess that the ARRL could at the minimum file this away in the "might
      keep an eye on this" folder.

      Bill, AB8SC

      Checked by AVG.