Re: [WestMichiganHams] Muskegon's 146.940 Repeater

  • lesandjudyp4@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
      Don't know if you get these emails or not so I'm forwarding this one on to you FYI. He's referring to the 94 repeater.

      W8QAY

      In a message dated 4/4/2008 8:14:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jimk8cop@... writes:

      All,

      Just to let everyone know, the antenna and feedlline have been replaced
      yesterday. The repeater went on the new antenna system around 4:00 PM.

      Please try it out!!!!

      Jim, K8COP
      MAARC Repeater Trustee

      http://link. mail2web. com/Business/ Exchange

    • Barbara Lukacs Grob
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2008
        Hi Les -
        Sorry I haven't answered sooner! Yes, I am on the Reflector, so I do get these notices, but really appreciate your letting me know about it. Wish I could have seen the work being done on the antenna - not that I would want to climb up anything like that, but it would be quite a "visual", as the worker got smaller and smaller as he went up. To do that work takes a special attitude, one I don't care to cultivate - too scary.

        I still don't have a base station, but am now able to be heard from my driveway (with a magnetic antenna on the car). Someone told me that I could use that antenna in the house - just put it on the fridge, or clothes dryer. What do you think? In terms of safety, that is; don't want to try finding out if it's effective until I know it's safe!

        Enjoy this spring weather!
        Barb
        Don't know if you get these emails or not so I'm forwarding this one on to

        you FYI. He's referring to the 94 repeater.

        W8QAY

        In a message dated 4/4/2008 8:14:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jimk8cop@... writes:

        All,

        Just to let everyone know, the antenna and feedlline have been replaced yesterday. The repeater went on the new antenna system around 4:00 PM.

        Please try it out!!!!

        Jim, K8COP
        MAARC Repeater Trustee

        ---------------------------------------------------------- mail2web.com - Microsoft® Exchange solutions from a leading provider - _http://link.http://lihttp://link.http://l_
        (http://link.mail2web.com/Business/Exchange)

        (http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv0003000000 0016)

        ***
        This message contains parts that can not be recognized or delivered to your device but has been saved on your webmail account. It will be stored there for future access until your webmail account reaches a 5 Megabyte limit at which time it will be deleted. If you have access to a computer and wish to view the complete message please visit https://webmail.earthlink.net and enter your MailStation e-mail address and password.
      • lesandjudyp4@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8, 2008
          Hi Barb

          Nice to hear from you again. I'm not an expert on antenna's and rf exposure but I would think that at low power and at a moderate distance you should be ok.

          W8QAY Les

          ************ **Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.