Fw: APRIL 2008 FCC.pdf

  • Al Pepping
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008

          TO ALL ON THE LIST...

          OPEN THIS PDF FILE PLEASE READ............KV8X

      FREE  Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
        AES is selling digital antennas with analog to digital converters that look like baluns at the base of the antenna.  The good news is that they allow regular analog radios to be used with digital repeaters.  The bad news is that they are battery powered and the batteries only last a year or so.  AES recommends changing them twice a year along with smoke detector batteries each time we have a time change.  I have heard that the more digital the repeater is, the more power it takes to convert to analog and the harder it is on batteries, hence the recommendation of changing them twice a year.

        Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 03:52
        Subject: [WestMichiganHams] Fw: APRIL 2008 FCC.pdf

            TO ALL ON THE LIST...

            OPEN THIS PDF FILE PLEASE READ............KV8X

        FREE  Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!

        Checked by AVG.
      • Laryn Lohman
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
          Mark thanks for pasting that in. Those of us that read the list on
          the Web cannot see attachments, as you know.

          Pretty exciting, huh?! Here it is, 2200 local, and I'll have to wait
          until morning to call AES about these :{

          Oh, was that a one day special???

          Laryn K8TVZ

          --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, <k8mhz@...> wrote:

          > AES is selling digital antennas with analog to digital converters
          that look like baluns at the base of the antenna. The good news is
          that they allow regular analog radios to be used with digital
          repeaters. The bad news is that they are battery powered and the
          batteries only last a year or so. AES recommends changing them twice
          a year along with smoke detector batteries each time we have a time
          change. I have heard that the more digital the repeater is, the more
          power it takes to convert to analog and the harder it is on batteries,
          hence the recommendation of changing them twice a year.

          > 73
          >
          > Mark K8MHZ

          3/28/2008 10:58 AM