April 1st Peak of Solar Cycle 24

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      SOLAR MAX RESCHEDULED:

      Impatient with the quiet sun, NASA researchers have rescheduled solar
      maximum.

      The peak was due in 2012, but now it's going to happen this month.
      "We've launched millions of dollars worth of spacecraft to study solar
      activity, and what are we getting? Puny little A-flares and feeble old
      sunspots," complained a high-ranking source at NASA headquarters.

      "We need some real explosions! Rescheduling Solar Max should solve the
      problem."

      News of the shift was announced on April 1st.

      Note: If you believe this was just made up by me, see
      http://www.spaceweather.com/