EchoLink/IRLP Presentation at ARGYL Hamfest (Please Pass On)

  • Michael J. Wolthuis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2008
      I just thought I would send this information here so that local
      operators could come if interested or pass on to those who may find
      it of interest.

      At the ARGYL (Lowell Youth Club, see www.argyl.org) swap on April 5th
      at 9:15AM EST. I will present a short 20 minutes (with 10mins
      questions) forum on EchoLink/IRLP/VoIP.

      The presentation will include very introductory level overview, a
      short piece on how IRLP and Echolink are tied in with Google Earth,
      the tie to APRS and tactitcal communications and I will also
      distribute a list of Echolink and IRLP weekly nets as well as local
      repeater frequencies that have IRLP, EchoLink or both.

      Additionally, if time allows we may run a few example contacts via
      local repeaters and people at the swap on those repeaters for fun.

      If you are familiar with EchoLink and IRLP, but have never seen the
      Google Earth add-ons this will be fun even for the advanced user.

      Hope to see you all there and supporting the Local Youth Hamfest!

      73s de KB8ZGL
      Mike Wolthuis