RE: [WestMichiganHams] need flier on Upcoming Basic Radio Operations Class in Grand Rapids

  • Nathan Deppe
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2008
      I'm resending this as a reminder.

      KCRACES has two radio training classes coming up.

      Both classes will be held in the EOC room at the Kent County Sheriff Department at 701 Ball in Grand Rapids.

      The classes are:

      1.  Introduction to Amateur Radio:  This class covers practical aspects of using an amateur radio.  Although there is some theory that is essential to learn, most of the class is learning how to talk on the radio.  It is preferred that people taking this class already have a license, but it is not required.  The class will be held on March 29, at 9:00 AM until about noon.    If you have a two meter hand held radio, please bring it.  If you don't we will have some available for the class.

      2.  Net Control Station Basics:  This class teaches people the basics of being a net control station.  We will have a lecture as well as a few exercises.  This class will be held on April 12, at 9:00 AM until about noon.  If you have a two meter hand held radio, please bring it.  If you don't we will have some available for the class.  This class is limited to 20 people.

      If you plan on attending either class or have questions please email me at kkarr@....

      Kim Karr
      KCRACES Deputy Coordinator

      > To: 6disEClist@yahoogroups.com; 6tharesraces@yahoogroups.com; WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com
      > From: tbehler@...
      > Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:26:30 -0400
      > Subject: [WestMichiganHams] need flier on Upcoming Basic Radio Operations Class in Grand Rapids
      >
      > Hi, everyone:
      >
      > Somehow, I have lost the recent e-mail notice from earlier this week
      > concerning
      > the Basic Radio Operations class that will be conducted by the Kent County
      > RACES group for new hams in our
      > area.
      >
      > Can anyone re-send me the notice about the class?
      >
      > I have a number of new hams in our area up here in Mecosta and Osceola
      > Counties that I'd like to send the notice to.
      >
      > Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Mecosta County EC/RO

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > mailto:WestMichiganHams-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > mailto:WestMichiganHams-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      How well do you know your celebrity gossip? Talk celebrity smackdowns here.
    • T Behler
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2008
        Thanks, Nathan.

        I got the flier in another way, but I think it's worth re-publicizing
        anyway.

        73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

        http://originals.msn.com/thebigdebate?ocid=T002MSN03N0707A