Re: Repeater Donations

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008
      --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bill_fries@...> wrote:

      > All:
      >
      > I've learned that making a Pay Pal donation to our repeater fund is
      > simplicity itself. Easy!

      Excellent!! It works! I've already received donations. The MAARC is
      grateful. This is pretty cool how slick this works.

      Thanks! And YOU should consider a donation using Pay Pal.

      Thank You!

      Bill, AB8SC
      MAARC guy
    • Charlie Chapman
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 14, 2008
        Let me ask the obvious, stupid question. What is the MAARC? West
        Michigan covers a lot of area…..

        Charlie, KB8SFR
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 15, 2008
          --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Chapman"
          <charlie@...> wrote:

          > Let me ask the obvious, stupid question. What is the MAARC? West
          > Michigan covers a lot of area…..
          >

          > Charlie, KB8SFR

          From an earlier post, I quote, "A Repeater Story

          Many of you know that the Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council has a
          two-meter repeater."

          The MAARC is the Muskegon radio club. Our membership hails from
          around Muskegon and into neighboring counties. I'm a member of the
          board of directors. We have about a hundred members meeting monthly,
          encouraging elmer opportunities, enjoying dinners together, and having
          the occasional contest and DX opportunities. Our clubhouse is located
          between Muskegon and White Lakes and is close enough to Lake Michigan
          to hear the roar from a gale in November. Our members enjoy HF and
          two meter nets. We sponsor a Boy Scout unit in their Venture program
          helping young men and women. We have a marvelous radio shack. We
          also put together a really great Field Day event with about seven
          shacks (and GOTA) and a wonderful potluck dinner. You are encouraged
          to participate.

          Thanks for asking!

          Bill, AB8SC
          MAARC guy
        • Chris Schulte
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 15, 2008
            Let me also say Charley, that there is no such thing as a stupid question, there may be obvious ones, but there is never a stupid one, except of course, the one that is never asked.  That's about the stupidist question that someone could ask is not to ask one in the first place.

            Chris, w8cjs
            > Let me ask the obvious, stupid question. What is the MAARC? West
            > Michigan covers a lot of area…..
            >

            > Charlie, KB8SFR

            From an earlier post, I quote, "A Repeater Story