More Information on W8CRA

  • Bill Fries
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006

      Check this out, a place with more information on the guy with the FIRST DXCC

      http://www.geocities.com/w8jyz/W3CRA_b.pdf

    • K8MHZ
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
        Nice Job!!!

        Now, do you know what his SECOND call was and who holds it now?

        I promised the gentleman that resides over that call to make favorable mention of same.

        Ready for round 2?

        Way to go Bill!

        Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:18 PM
        Subject: [WestMichiganHams] FOUND IT!!!

        Doing a google search for "pre war dxcc" netted the answer:

        --Frank Lucas, W8CRA. DXCC Certificate #1(Pre-war). The first great American DXer. Lucas was also possessed of one of the greatest ears of all time—he was reportedly able to identify almost every DX call on the air during the late 30’s by the fist, the impact of propagation on the signal, and other individual characteristics.

        It came from a site with lots of great reading:

        http://www.hamradiomarket.com/articles/HallofFame.htm

      • K8MHZ
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
          Do all my clues make sense now??