Re: Repeater Donations

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 9, 2008
      --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Young" <ayoung@...>
      wrote:

      > Do you take Paypal for the donations?

      Short answer is, "regrettably, no."

      The longer version is we never thought of doing this. Hm. . .

      Bill, AB8SC
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 10, 2008
        All:

        I've learned that making a Pay Pal donation to our repeater fund is
        simplicity itself. Easy!

        Should you wish to help the MAARC and their repeater fund using Pay
        Pal you visit their site (paypal.com) and in the upper left corner is
        the option to "Send Money" to an email address.

        Enter my email address, "bill_fries@..." and you will be offered
        the opportunity to send me money using Pay Pal. I ask that you
        mention your name and call sign during the transaction. This way we
        can keep track of donors. I'll clear out the Pay Pal account
        periodically with a check to our Council's treasurer.

        I hope you will find a way to donate to the repeater fund at the
        MAARC. Should Pay Pal be your preferred method we can now accommodate
        your wishes.

        The MAARC thanks you for your consideration of this worthy fund
        raising cause. We are looking forward to having a wonderful repeater
        for use of our ham community. Even if you don't donate please monitor
        the machine and use the repeater lots and often.

        Bill, AB8SC
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008
          --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bill_fries@...> wrote:

          > All:
          >
          > I've learned that making a Pay Pal donation to our repeater fund is
          > simplicity itself. Easy!

          Excellent!! It works! I've already received donations. The MAARC is
          grateful. This is pretty cool how slick this works.

          Thanks! And YOU should consider a donation using Pay Pal.

          Thank You!

          Bill, AB8SC
          MAARC guy
        • Charlie Chapman
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 14, 2008
            Let me ask the obvious, stupid question. What is the MAARC? West
            Michigan covers a lot of area…..

            Charlie, KB8SFR
          • Bill
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 15, 2008
              --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Chapman"
              <charlie@...> wrote:

              > Let me ask the obvious, stupid question. What is the MAARC? West
              > Michigan covers a lot of area…..
              >

              > Charlie, KB8SFR

              From an earlier post, I quote, "A Repeater Story

              Many of you know that the Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council has a
              two-meter repeater."

              The MAARC is the Muskegon radio club. Our membership hails from
              around Muskegon and into neighboring counties. I'm a member of the
              board of directors. We have about a hundred members meeting monthly,
              encouraging elmer opportunities, enjoying dinners together, and having
              the occasional contest and DX opportunities. Our clubhouse is located
              between Muskegon and White Lakes and is close enough to Lake Michigan
              to hear the roar from a gale in November. Our members enjoy HF and
              two meter nets. We sponsor a Boy Scout unit in their Venture program
              helping young men and women. We have a marvelous radio shack. We
              also put together a really great Field Day event with about seven
              shacks (and GOTA) and a wonderful potluck dinner. You are encouraged
              to participate.

              Thanks for asking!

              Bill, AB8SC
              MAARC guy
            • Chris Schulte
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 15, 2008
                Let me also say Charley, that there is no such thing as a stupid question, there may be obvious ones, but there is never a stupid one, except of course, the one that is never asked.  That's about the stupidist question that someone could ask is not to ask one in the first place.

                Chris, w8cjs
                > Let me ask the obvious, stupid question. What is the MAARC? West
                > Michigan covers a lot of area…..
                >

                > Charlie, KB8SFR

                From an earlier post, I quote, "A Repeater Story