Repeater Donations

  • Andrew Young
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 9, 2008
      Do you take Paypal for the donations?

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 9, 2008
        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Young" <ayoung@...>
        wrote:

        > Do you take Paypal for the donations?

        Short answer is, "regrettably, no."

        The longer version is we never thought of doing this. Hm. . .

        Bill, AB8SC
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 10, 2008
          All:

          I've learned that making a Pay Pal donation to our repeater fund is
          simplicity itself. Easy!

          Should you wish to help the MAARC and their repeater fund using Pay
          Pal you visit their site (paypal.com) and in the upper left corner is
          the option to "Send Money" to an email address.

          Enter my email address, "bill_fries@..." and you will be offered
          the opportunity to send me money using Pay Pal. I ask that you
          mention your name and call sign during the transaction. This way we
          can keep track of donors. I'll clear out the Pay Pal account
          periodically with a check to our Council's treasurer.

          I hope you will find a way to donate to the repeater fund at the
          MAARC. Should Pay Pal be your preferred method we can now accommodate
          your wishes.

          The MAARC thanks you for your consideration of this worthy fund
          raising cause. We are looking forward to having a wonderful repeater
          for use of our ham community. Even if you don't donate please monitor
          the machine and use the repeater lots and often.

          Bill, AB8SC
        • Bill
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008
            --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bill_fries@...> wrote:

            > All:
            >
            > I've learned that making a Pay Pal donation to our repeater fund is
            > simplicity itself. Easy!

            Excellent!! It works! I've already received donations. The MAARC is
            grateful. This is pretty cool how slick this works.

            Thanks! And YOU should consider a donation using Pay Pal.

            Thank You!

            Bill, AB8SC
            MAARC guy
          • Charlie Chapman
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 14, 2008
              Let me ask the obvious, stupid question. What is the MAARC? West
              Michigan covers a lot of area…..

              Charlie, KB8SFR
            • Bill
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 15, 2008
                --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Chapman"
                <charlie@...> wrote:

                > Let me ask the obvious, stupid question. What is the MAARC? West
                > Michigan covers a lot of area…..
                >

                > Charlie, KB8SFR

                From an earlier post, I quote, "A Repeater Story

                Many of you know that the Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council has a
                two-meter repeater."

                The MAARC is the Muskegon radio club. Our membership hails from
                around Muskegon and into neighboring counties. I'm a member of the
                board of directors. We have about a hundred members meeting monthly,
                encouraging elmer opportunities, enjoying dinners together, and having
                the occasional contest and DX opportunities. Our clubhouse is located
                between Muskegon and White Lakes and is close enough to Lake Michigan
                to hear the roar from a gale in November. Our members enjoy HF and
                two meter nets. We sponsor a Boy Scout unit in their Venture program
                helping young men and women. We have a marvelous radio shack. We
                also put together a really great Field Day event with about seven
                shacks (and GOTA) and a wonderful potluck dinner. You are encouraged
                to participate.

                Thanks for asking!

                Bill, AB8SC
                MAARC guy
              • Chris Schulte
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 15, 2008
                  Let me also say Charley, that there is no such thing as a stupid question, there may be obvious ones, but there is never a stupid one, except of course, the one that is never asked.  That's about the stupidist question that someone could ask is not to ask one in the first place.

                  Chris, w8cjs
                  > Let me ask the obvious, stupid question. What is the MAARC? West
                  > Michigan covers a lot of area…..
                  >

                  > Charlie, KB8SFR

                  From an earlier post, I quote, "A Repeater Story