Re: Test Session, Saturday Morning

  • ravennaelectronics
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2008
      Howdy Bill.
      I hope the scouts and you are having a great weekend. I heard that
      is why you were not at the VE session this morning. I showed and
      tested for Amateur Extra just as I said I would. The rest of the
      crew did not. Karen and three others all have colds/flu. Two
      others said they wanted to test yet their practice test scores were
      not consistent and I fear that would have failed. That failure
      could cause them to stumble so after some discussion, they decided
      to continue with the studying and practice tests. They want to come
      in and know they will pass.

      Have a great weekend!
      Doc, KD8BGQ/AE

      --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bill_fries@...>
      wrote:

      > All:
      >
      > There will be testing this Saturday in Muskegon at the Red Cross
      > Building. You can test for your license and test for your upgrade
      > license. The session starts at nine o'clock and will run until you
      > run through all the tests you can. Use the back door to the
      building.

      > Bring along identification, your current license and a copy of your
      > current license (if you currently have a call sign) or the CSCE (if
      > you just passed an element), fourteen dollars in cash, and your
      lucky
      > pencil. Also you might want a calculator. The test proctors will
      > provide paper.
      >
      > You will be able to take each of the tests, in succession, until
      you
      > hit the wall. For example, if you pass the Technician test you can
      > earn a General and then Amateur Extra license all in one looonnng
      session.

      > Welcome and we look forward to helping you earn extra privileges to
      > better enjoy this wonderful hobby.
      >
      > Bill, AB8SC
      > MAARC guy

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
        Doc:

        Congratulations!!! GREAT! We're proud of your achievement. "Doc,
        KD8BGQ/AE" Are you getting a new "AC8??" call sign?

        Excellent news.

        Yes, the Scouts were doing their yearly Klondike Derby. It was great
        fun. And, yes, they will be doing the Merit Badge Saturday gig on
        March 1. More on that later.

        Good on ya!

        Bill, AB8SC
        MAARC guy
      • ravennaelectronics
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
          Howdy Bill
          I thought about getting a new call sign for a little while and decided
          to keep my current/original call sign.

          Best Regards,
          Doc, KD8BGQ