Re: Test Session, Saturday Morning

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2008
      " . . copy of your current license (if you currently have a call sign)
      or the CSCE (if you just passed an element), fourteen dollars. . .
      lucky pencil."

      There has been some question regarding the CSCE and its use in the
      licensing process. There are very few instances where a CSCE is
      helpful. Particularly in this day when the code has gone by the
      wayside.

      Keep your CSCE in your file. At the next test session it is only
      helpful if that last test session was between when you tested and
      earned the CSCE and when the FCC acknowledges your achievement
      on-line. I'll admit that is a very narrow window.

      Bottom line? Don't expect a CSCE to be too useful. The VE folks are
      reliable, quick, and efficient. In retrospect maybe I should not have
      mentioned the CSCE.

      Bill, AB8SC
    • ravennaelectronics
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2008
        Howdy Bill.
        I hope the scouts and you are having a great weekend. I heard that
        is why you were not at the VE session this morning. I showed and
        tested for Amateur Extra just as I said I would. The rest of the
        crew did not. Karen and three others all have colds/flu. Two
        others said they wanted to test yet their practice test scores were
        not consistent and I fear that would have failed. That failure
        could cause them to stumble so after some discussion, they decided
        to continue with the studying and practice tests. They want to come
        in and know they will pass.

        Have a great weekend!
        Doc, KD8BGQ/AE

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bill_fries@...>
        wrote:

        > All:
        >
        > There will be testing this Saturday in Muskegon at the Red Cross
        > Building. You can test for your license and test for your upgrade
        > license. The session starts at nine o'clock and will run until you
        > run through all the tests you can. Use the back door to the
        building.

        > Bring along identification, your current license and a copy of your
        > current license (if you currently have a call sign) or the CSCE (if
        > you just passed an element), fourteen dollars in cash, and your
        lucky
        > pencil. Also you might want a calculator. The test proctors will
        > provide paper.
        >
        > You will be able to take each of the tests, in succession, until
        you
        > hit the wall. For example, if you pass the Technician test you can
        > earn a General and then Amateur Extra license all in one looonnng
        session.

        > Welcome and we look forward to helping you earn extra privileges to
        > better enjoy this wonderful hobby.
        >
        > Bill, AB8SC
        > MAARC guy

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
          Doc:

          Congratulations!!! GREAT! We're proud of your achievement. "Doc,
          KD8BGQ/AE" Are you getting a new "AC8??" call sign?

          Excellent news.

          Yes, the Scouts were doing their yearly Klondike Derby. It was great
          fun. And, yes, they will be doing the Merit Badge Saturday gig on
          March 1. More on that later.

          Good on ya!

          Bill, AB8SC
          MAARC guy
        • ravennaelectronics
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
            Howdy Bill
            I thought about getting a new call sign for a little while and decided
            to keep my current/original call sign.

            Best Regards,
            Doc, KD8BGQ