Test Session, Saturday Morning

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2008
      All:

      There will be testing this Saturday in Muskegon at the Red Cross
      Building. You can test for your license and test for your upgrade
      license. The session starts at nine o'clock and will run until you
      run through all the tests you can. Use the back door to the building.

      Bring along identification, your current license and a copy of your
      current license (if you currently have a call sign) or the CSCE (if
      you just passed an element), fourteen dollars in cash, and your lucky
      pencil. Also you might want a calculator. The test proctors will
      provide paper.

      You will be able to take each of the tests, in succession, until you
      hit the wall. For example, if you pass the Technician test you can
      earn a General and then Amateur Extra license all in one looonnng session.

      Welcome and we look forward to helping you earn extra privileges to
      better enjoy this wonderful hobby.

      Bill, AB8SC
      MAARC guy
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2008
        " . . copy of your current license (if you currently have a call sign)
        or the CSCE (if you just passed an element), fourteen dollars. . .
        lucky pencil."

        There has been some question regarding the CSCE and its use in the
        licensing process. There are very few instances where a CSCE is
        helpful. Particularly in this day when the code has gone by the
        wayside.

        Keep your CSCE in your file. At the next test session it is only
        helpful if that last test session was between when you tested and
        earned the CSCE and when the FCC acknowledges your achievement
        on-line. I'll admit that is a very narrow window.

        Bottom line? Don't expect a CSCE to be too useful. The VE folks are
        reliable, quick, and efficient. In retrospect maybe I should not have
        mentioned the CSCE.

        Bill, AB8SC
      • ravennaelectronics
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2008
          Howdy Bill.
          I hope the scouts and you are having a great weekend. I heard that
          is why you were not at the VE session this morning. I showed and
          tested for Amateur Extra just as I said I would. The rest of the
          crew did not. Karen and three others all have colds/flu. Two
          others said they wanted to test yet their practice test scores were
          not consistent and I fear that would have failed. That failure
          could cause them to stumble so after some discussion, they decided
          to continue with the studying and practice tests. They want to come
          in and know they will pass.

          Have a great weekend!
          Doc, KD8BGQ/AE

          --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bill_fries@...>
          wrote:

          > All:
          >
          > There will be testing this Saturday in Muskegon at the Red Cross
          > Building. You can test for your license and test for your upgrade
          > license. The session starts at nine o'clock and will run until you
          > run through all the tests you can. Use the back door to the
          building.

          > Bring along identification, your current license and a copy of your
          > current license (if you currently have a call sign) or the CSCE (if
          > you just passed an element), fourteen dollars in cash, and your
          lucky
          > pencil. Also you might want a calculator. The test proctors will
          > provide paper.
          >
          > You will be able to take each of the tests, in succession, until
          you
          > hit the wall. For example, if you pass the Technician test you can
          > earn a General and then Amateur Extra license all in one looonnng
          session.

          > Welcome and we look forward to helping you earn extra privileges to
          > better enjoy this wonderful hobby.
          >
          > Bill, AB8SC
          > MAARC guy

        • Bill
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
            Doc:

            Congratulations!!! GREAT! We're proud of your achievement. "Doc,
            KD8BGQ/AE" Are you getting a new "AC8??" call sign?

            Excellent news.

            Yes, the Scouts were doing their yearly Klondike Derby. It was great
            fun. And, yes, they will be doing the Merit Badge Saturday gig on
            March 1. More on that later.

            Good on ya!

            Bill, AB8SC
            MAARC guy
          • ravennaelectronics
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
              Howdy Bill
              I thought about getting a new call sign for a little while and decided
              to keep my current/original call sign.

              Best Regards,
              Doc, KD8BGQ