Re: [WestMichiganHams] ham in a day class

  • Tom VanderMel KB8VEE
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 25, 2008
      Tom
      If you want W5YI Study books I have them at my Tool Max Store or I can have some shipped to you. They are about $20 each with tax. Let me know if you would want some. Tom

      Attached please find three files of information concerning an upcoming Ham
      In A Day class being offered by the Big Rapids Area Amateur Radio Club. The
      flyer is available in Publisher format or Word format - whichever you can
      access. The third file contains a map of the class location on Ferris
      Campus.
      Please spread the word.

      Thanks
      Tom Behler
      KB8TYJ

    • T Behler

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 26, 2008
          Tom:

          I'm not the one who will actually be teaching the ham-in-a-day class, but I
          think the plan is to use the materials from www.ham-in-a-day.com for the
          one-day session.

          However, I'll forward your info onto my local area hams list, which contains
          the folks in our local area who we sent the class flier to.

          Hopefully, some of those folks will want the actual W5YI book as an
          additional reference source in advance, if nothing else.

          73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

        • jtlr.fischer@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 14, 2008
            This years Noarc ham in a day class will be Jan 17 2009 at the Spring Lake Library starting at 8:30 am to 4:00 pm we will be using the Gordon West Tech manual we will revue the book from 8:30 to 3:00 with a break for lunch the lunch is provided by the noarc club and will be bbq and chips at 3:00 we will start the testing the test fee is 15.00 dollars the books are available  at Tool Max or can be ordered from amateur radio supply (www.aesham.com ) if interested contact John Fischer at kc8uny@... or 616-402-0665 after 3:00 .
          • jtlr.fischer@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 7, 2009
              Any noarc members or anyone that has there VE credentials we are in need of your help for the ham in a day class and test Sat Jan 17 the testing will be starting at aprox 2:30 pm we have 3 but could use 2 more we had 2 that had to back out because of having surgery the day before . If you can Help please contact John kc8uny at kc8uny@... or 616-402-0665 right know we have aprox 5 students
            • ravennaelectronics
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 7, 2009
                John,
                Your email address was not completely included in the text below. As of
                right now, I am free on the 17th so I will plan on coming down to help
                VE.

                Best Regards,
                Rich "Doc" Strait, AC8AL
                ARRL ORS/VE/CI/CE/CM