Re: [WestMichiganHams] Alinco DR-110T Service Manual/Schematics??

  • steve Cowan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2008
      you can try this site http://www.mods.dk/ they have downloads for all types of radios for both manuals and schematics.

      73 KD8DHZ
      Steve

      Jason B <rewire@...> wrote:
      Hello All,

      I'm not usually one to whine publicly, and I hope this doesn't sound as
      if I am...With that said, I wonder if anyone out there can offer any help.

      I am a fairly new ham. Recent financial issues have prevented me from
      jumping headfirst into the hobby so my start was pretty slow. I picked
      up an older Alinco radio (DR-110T) ...My first rig. I was in hog heaven,
      then it quit. :-(

      Alinco's website has a decent collection of info on their older radios,
      including some stuff on this one like the owners manual, etc. however
      they don't have any service info or schematics.

      This is my only radio and I won't be able to afford to run out and buy
      another one for quite a while. I have also been told that it would
      probably cost way more than the rig is worth to have someone repair it.
      I would like to attempt to fix this rig myself, however I'm running
      blind. The issue shouldn't be a very major problem. It was installed in
      my car and I was listening in one day at lunch. I turned the radio off,
      went into BK for a burger, and when I came out it wouldn't power up
      again. I checked everything when I got home and still had power all the
      way to the back of the radio and the fuses were intact. It took it
      inside and cracked the case. Hooked it up to my power supply and I have
      voltage on the sub-board where the wires come in, but I don't see
      anything I'd recognize as a reverse polarity diode or Schottky diode
      anywhere near the power input. I know the radio didn't get reversed, it
      worked for a month. I also don't think it got overloaded or anything
      because the fuses were intact. That's where the troubleshooting ends...

      It's been years since I went to school for electronics and I don't have
      any test equipment more than the basics, a DMM and Soldering Iron. I
      haven't worked on any electronics more complex than RC cars for several
      years, but if I had the info I may at least have a chance to fix it. Do
      any of you folks out there happen to have any info on that radio, or
      know someone who might? I would really like to get back on the air and
      any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanx for listening,

      73
      Jason Blakley
      KI4VUO