Digital Scanner

  • Jim Miller
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2007
      I have a coworker looking for a digital trunk tracking scanner.
      Anybody have any suggestions or recomendations?
      He is a deputy with the Allegan County Sheriff's Office and wants to
      listen to police calls when away from work, but they changed to a
      mostly digital system.

      Thanks.

      73

      Jim - kd8fcv
    • n8pug01
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2007
        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Miller" <kd8fcv@...> wrote:

        > I have a coworker looking for a digital trunk tracking scanner.
        > Anybody have any suggestions or recomendations?
        > He is a deputy with the Allegan County Sheriff's Office and wants to
        > listen to police calls when away from work, but they changed to a
        > mostly digital system.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Jim - kd8fcv

        I would suggest either the Uniden 396t d with computer programming
        software called butel.
        Also Gre the company that makes scanners for radio shack has just
        come out with their own digital scanner the psr 500.

        JIM N8PUG
      • Tim Deater
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2007
          My favorite digital one so far is the Uniden BCD396.  Small, but loaded with features.  The programming software is Free from Uniden and it comes with the programming cable.

          The Radio Shack (GRE) Pro96 and Pro2096 are also both great scanners.

          You can view one of my Uniden scanners at http://www.tdats.net/scanner .

          73
          Tim
          KC8MSE