Re: [WestMichiganHams] Digest Number 729

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2007
      Thanks I'll check the place I generally buy lamps and see if they
      recycle them. If not, it appears that I can send them to normal trash,
      since "Households are exempt from the hazardous waste regulations"

      Note that the rules do not differential between linear fluorescent bulbs
      or the newer compact fluorescent lamps. They all contain mercury, which
      is my concern.

      But, before any "Rabid Environmentalists" get on my case, I remind you
      to read the regulations, which clearly state "Households are exempt from
      the hazardous waste regulations"

      And, lest a "Rabid Environmentalist" still gets on my case, I refer that
      person to his/her 4th grade Englyshe Instructor for a refresher course
      in reading and understanding the Queen's Englyshe.

      I intend to follow these regulations, and even go beyond them to inquire
      whether Kent County has a place to actually recycle them.

      73 de n8xx Hg

      p.s. I note that there's a lot of circular references to recycling
      organizations in the regulations and FAQ's presented in the DEQ's
      literature.