Sputnik Special Event Station Scheduled 10/3-4/07

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      From: http://www.arrl.org/?artid=7759

      Sputnik Special Event Station Scheduled

      On Wednesday evening, October 3, AMSAT will host a Special Event Station
      commemorating the 50th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik I. Listen in
      on satellite AO-51 as it passes over North America to hear original
      Sputnik telemetry. On October 3, listen between 2350-2358 UTC; on
      October 4, listen at 0127-0145 UTC, 0308-0326 UTC and 0452-0503 UTC (all
      times approximate). The downlink frequency will be 435.300 MHz (plus or
      minus Doppler shift); the downlink power will be higher than the normal
      repeater levels. For those who send in reception reports, AMSAT will
      return a QSL certificate. Please send a 9 × 12 self-addressed, stamped
      envelope to Kevin Schuchmann, WA6FWF, 3375 Taper Ave, San Jose, CA
      95124. Please allow several weeks for processing. -- Drew Glasbrenner,
      KO4MA
    • wd8usa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2007
        Hey Hank-At your earliest opportunity can you explore the possibility of getting a sign up page for communications / club events at the chapter? Also I feel a club VHF net night on the 26 might be a great idea- Perhaps on Wed night- You know, a regular net with check ins and a going over of club events coming up and a chance to talk to fellow club members that we might not see every month- Just a thought- JB