Re: [WestMichiganHams] Muskegon Crop Walk

  • John Field
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2007
      I WILL be their 1.00 JOHN KC8AZR
      --- Tom Porritt <jtporritt@...> wrote:

      > All,
      > Communications help is needed for the Muskegon
      > Crop Walk. Please let me kow about your availabilty
      > by retrun email or call 231 744-4485. Refeshments
      > served afterwards. Still could use about 10 more
      > people as of this morning.
      >
      > Details:
      > Muskegon Crop Walk
      > 1PM to 5PM
      > Sunday October 7, 2007
      > Meeting 1PM at Muskegon Public Schools Hackley
      > Administration Building Parking Lot
      > 349 W. Webster Av

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
    • Tom Porritt
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2013

        All,

        The Muskegon County Crop Walk is this Sunday, September 22. (Yes this a change from the normal first weekend in October). Radio operators are need to watch the course and keep track of the participants. The time frame is noon to 5pm. I would like to have operators on the course by about 1pm although we can add operators until about 3:00 to 3:30pm for the later stages of the walk. Talkin and operation will be on the 147.38 KE8LZ repeater (94.8 pl). There is parking for vehicles at many of the stations so a mobile can be used, although HTs also work fine.

        We will be meeting between noon and 1pm at the Muskegon Public School Administration Building, 349 W Webster, across the street from Hackley Park to distribute maps and discuss the plan.

        I am now making calls. If you would like to help please reply by email or call me at 231 744-4485. I am also listening to the local repeaters.

        Tom, K8EOD