Re: [WestMichiganHams] GFCI question

  • Joe Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27 7:36 PM
      At one point the GFI in my closet (to which my air conditioner is connected) often would trip whenever I transmitted on 40 meters. Simply moving my radio seemed to alleviate the issue. This was long ago of course, back when I was using my coax-fed OCF dipole and had no meaningful ground whatsoever.

      -Joe, N8FQ

      On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:27:27 -0400
      <k8mhz@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone had any issues with GFCIs tripping while transmitting on an amateur radio? The subject was brought up on QRZ and I was wondering if anyone here has had the problem.
      >
      > 73
      >
      > Mark K8MHZ
    • W8OKN Sean
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27 8:16 PM
        Yes, when I had a poor ground system.  I also was interfering with the telephone.

        W8OKN