Lowell/Grand Rapids Mini-Swap

  • Jack Amelar
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2007
      The Lowell Amateur Radio Club http://www.w8lrc.org/ is pleased to continue the summer 2007
      series of Asphalt Adventure mini-hamfests, hamfest-lite, whatever you want to call it.

      Next and final one for the season is this SATURDAY, August 11. Setup 9AM, begin 10AM "until
      it ends", figure sometime past noon.

      Here's the deal. The monthly LARC meeting will begin at 9, the swap immediately follows at
      10. (Visitors always welcome at our meetings)
      Location, just outside the new shack, 11535 Fulton St E (Hwy-M21), West end of Lowell,
      between Cumberland Dr and Alden Nash Dr. About 1/2 mile west of Meijer. Same location as the
      Former location of Cumberland Manor.
      Yahoo Map:

      What is a mini-swap? It's a small version of a Hamfest. Not nearly the planning or
      advertising that goes into a full fledged Hamfest, you don't have a variety of commercial
      vendors. But their cheep to put on and fun.

      Advantages of a mini-swap at this location, besides being where the LARC Ham shack is
      Lots of traffic passing by on Hwy M-21. Signs will be placed to attract spectators.
      Co-located with the Thrift Store, which also opens at 10.
      Set-up is on a circle drive in front of the building, out of the way of other building
      traffic on main driveway, yet easily seen from the main driveway as well as Hwy M-21.
      Just outside the windows of the LARC ham shack. If you need electricity, bring your own
      extention cord.

      What's the catch? Sure we'd like to raise a couple bucks with this FUNdraiser, but we
      certainly don't have grandeurs of "cashing in" either.
      Sellers are asked for a donation of any amount they choose. (Please read statement * at
      bottom) Considering the location, with no admission fee, lots of drive by traffic, potential
      shoppers from the Thrift Store, that's really a good deal.
      Coffee, pop, and donuts available.
      TALK-IN: 145.27-(94.8Hz) Lowell (naturally) repeater.

      The next area major hamfest: enjoy GRARA's GRAHamfest 2ØØ7 at Kent County Fairgrounds,
      Lowell, Saturday, September 8. http://www.grahamfest.org/

      *SETUP: WHAT TO SELL. In respect to the co-located Thrift Store, who's owners have granted
      us permission to pursue our mini-swaps (its their property after all), LARC must insist that
      items offered for sale be radio, electronics, computer, and related items only. General
      household items sold at the Thrift Store should not be sold at our swap meet (however, TVs
      radios stereos computers, anything electronics is OK). If you have good general household
      items to dispose of, please consider donating to the Flat River Outreach Ministries Thrift
      Store. F.R.O.M. is a 501c3 organization.

      Let's have fun, see you there.

      More information, contact:
      Jack Amelar
      E-mail: mailto:jamelar@...